Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wolfgangsee Hike


Today was my first hiking experience in Austria, we all went to Wolfgangsee in the Salzkammergut Lake District.
Lesson of the day: Hiking is not my thing!

The hike was absolutely beautiful, but it was long and crazy! We walked and hiked over 11 or 12 miles, I definitely got a workout.  Even though I didn't love the hiking, I did LOVE the beautiful views! Here are a couple pictures, of the many I took!


No boats with motors are allowed on the lake, the water is crystal clear.

Church near the top of the mountain.

Turn the top stone in the building completely around
three times, and a wish will be granted.

View from the top of the mountain!


I LOVE this lake! It's SO clear!


Traditional Austrian home with roses!

Must be nice!!!

Group of us hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment