Friday, September 3, 2010

Munich and Nuremberg

Day 3

Classic BMW Car in the Showroom.
Today I got the opportunity to tour the BMW plant, which is truly amazing! It is a full working plant that produces over 200,000 cars a year, start to finish. Robots do most of the work with extreme precision and through a tour guide we were allowed to see all steps of production. (no pictures allowed) Everything is recycled in the plant, even the paint fumes. If you are ever in Germany you MUST go see!!! so so cool. If you order a custom BMW you can fly to Munich and pick up the new vehicle when it is completed, and drive it down an indoor spiral to the roadway.
View from Olympia Tower.

After BMW, we went to Olympiaturm (Olympia Park) where the olympics were held.  There is a platform which allowed us to see the entire city of Munich birds-eye view. From here I saw the hotel where the murder terrorism acts happened which killed athletes at the Olympics.  (See movie "Munich")

On the bus ride (2 hour trip) to Nuremberg, I found out the housing situation!!!!
I will be living with a family approx. 5 miles from Salzburg College. The husband works for a bank, and the wife works for the bank as well, but she works from home.  Their 6 year old daughter rides horses!!! :) They have a beautiful private pond in the backyard and I have also been told my room is beautiful as well.  They have internet in the house and have even provided a computer in the room.  I will meet them tomorrow evening, I am very excited! (Oh, and they love to eat! haha)


Hostel in Nuremberg is definitely not as nice as the one in Munich. The lights don't really work and the bathrooms do not lock.  Could be worse I guess. Overall I absolutely LOVE Nuremberg, it is so beautiful and still has the walls built through the city. I went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant which had insanely huge servings and was delicious!

Group of us in front of Nuremburg market.

No comments:

Post a Comment